We at Veteran Fire Safety Ltd are as busy as ever with our trainers travelling all over the UK, even our directors had a trip over to Germany this month, and with January filling up already we are excited at what 2017 will bring for us.
With Christmas only a few weeks away and everyone looking forward to time off work and maybe just a few drinks we want you to remember to stay safe , here are just a few suggestions to help:
Stay Safe at Christmas
Christmas is a special time for celebration and should not end in tragedy because of the extra hazards that are present at this time of year.
- Check the fuses are the right type (see the box for the maximum size of fuse you should use).
- If a bulb blows, replace them.
- Don’t leave fairy lights on when you go out or when you go to sleep.
- Don’t let the bulbs touch anything that can burn easily, like paper.
- Don’t overload sockets.
- Decorations made of light tissue paper or cardboard burn easily.
- Don’t attach them to lights or heaters.
- Don’t put them immediately above or around the fireplace.
- Keep them away from candles.