A big well done to the Office staff at Veteran Fire Safety Ltd on all passing the HABC Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF)
If your intersted in the course yourself , please contact us
The learner will:
The learner can:
1. Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
1. Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
2. Describe the components of the fire triangle.
3. Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion.
4. Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
2. Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
1. State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards.
2. Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards.
3. Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards.
4. Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm.
5. Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished.
6. Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely.
7. Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used.
3. Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
1. Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace.
2. Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace.
3. Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment.
4. Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
1. State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace:
• on a day-to-day basis
• during an emergency
• if they are not in their designated areas of responsibility when the alarm is raised.
2. Outline the content of a fire safety briefing.