Fire Warden (Fire Marshal) Training Courses
Fire warden training courses are designed for individuals who have completed the basic awareness course and who have designated additional safety responsibilities, which include assisting in the safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency and the day to day management of precautions.
The key component of ensuring the workplace is maintaining the good health and safety standards. This course demonstrates a clear commitment to implement sound emergency procedures. The course covers the duties under the latest fire legislation as well as prevention measures, the use of extinguishers and how to organise a safe evacuation
The course may be tailored to suit individual industries and clients.
Course duration 3 hrs
Number of delegates: Up to 15
To understand the role and responsibilities of the warden and to assist in the safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency. Liaise with management and the service at an emergency incident. To ensure all protected escape routes within a building are available for use and maintained clear. Assist individuals to evacuate using these routes in the event of an emergency. To manage effectively within their building the day to day precautions.
On completion of the course, the delegates should:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities
- Be able to identify protected escape routes
- Understand the term "means of escape"
- Be able to complete and maintain accurate records
- Know the procedures for people with disabilities and special needs
- Be aware of company policies and emergency plans
- Be conversant with reporting procedures on all safety matters
- Understand how to assist in the safe evacuation of a building
- Be able to take a roll call and liaise with management
- Be able to select and operate portable fighting equipment safely
Persons attending this course should have previously completed a “Basic Fire Awareness course”.
Who should attend this course?
Personnel who have been designated or who wish to improve their knowledge in safety awareness and are willing to accept a higher level of responsibility to assist in the day to day management of safety issues and ensure the safe evacuation of a building in the event of an emergency.
A certificate of attendance is issued upon successful completion of the course.
LIVE FIRE DEMO AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
To book on our in-house training courses click here: https://www.fire-safety-training-courses.co.uk/product-category/training
For courses at your business premise contact us at email@example.com